Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB)
Ombudsman Online Directory
The Construction Industry Development Board (cidb) - a Schedule 3A public entity - was established by Act of Parliament (Act 38 of 2000) to promote a regulatory and developmental framework that builds:
- The construction delivery capability for South Africa’s social and economic growth.
- A proudly South African construction industry that delivers to globally competitive standards.
The cidb’s focus is on:
- Sustainable growth, capacity development and empowerment
- Improved industry performance and best practice
- A transformed industry, underpinned by consistent and ethical procurement practices
- Enhanced value to clients and society
The cidb Act mandates the Board to:
- Establish a national register of contractors and of construction projects to systematically regulate, monitor and promote the performance of the industry for sustainable growth, delivery and empowerment.
- Promote improved delivery management capacity and the uniform application of procurement policy throughout all spheres of government.
- Promote improved performance and best practice of public and private sector clients, contractors and other participants in the construction delivery process.
- Promote sustainable participation of the emerging sector.
- Provide strategic direction and develop effective partnerships for growth, reform and improvement of the construction sector.
Complaints to address business owner complaints and government failures in the construction industry can be made to:
Tel: +27 12 482 7200 or +27 86 100 cidb
Fax: +27 12 349 8986 or +27 86 681 9995
Postal address: PO Box 2107, Brooklyn Square, 0075